Norway has a well-developed digital infrastructure, and Norwegians are early adopters of new technology – making us a natural test market for new digital products and business models.
Artificial intelligence (AI) represents vast opportunities for Norwegian society at large. In the new AI strategy, the Norwegian government posits that Norway is well positioned to succeed with artificial intelligence because of
- a high level of public trust in both the business and public sectors
- a population and business sector that are digitally competent
- an excellent infrastructure and high-quality registry data that span over many decades
- well developed e-governance and public agencies that have come a long way with digitalisation and that have the capacity and expertise to experiment with new technologies
- tripartite cooperation between employers, unions and government, which facilitates cooperation when restructuring is necessary
The Government has committed to facilitating world-class AI infrastructure in Norway in the form of digitalisation-friendly regulations, good language resources, fast and robust communication networks, and sufficient computing power, as well as promoting data sharing within and across industries and sectors.